|Senior Director, Digital Marketing Strategist|
|About the Role: This specific position oversees the development and execution of the digital marketing strategy to drive the distribution of resources through our e-commerce platforms via the use of multi-media marketing channels, as well as monitoring and enhancing the user’s experience. This position is responsible for leading and managing a small team around brainstorming and implementing new and innovative ideas to grow First Book’s network of educators and convert more members to users. The goal of this role and of this team is to engage educators and program leaders serving kids in need at every level of the sales funnel, so that more resources go out to those who need them most.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
Other duties may be assigned.
• Leading the creative development and execution of annual and quarterly multi-channel marketing and communication strategies to maximize the resources distributed to the First Book network via the First Book Marketplace. This includes:
o Drafting strategy documents based on goals and performance indicators.
o Creating and optimizing a marketing budget encompassing multiple marketing channels and funding sources.
o Presenting strategy to external partners as it pertains to relationship development.
o Gathering data to create business cases for any internal or external funding needed to execute on marketing strategy.
o Crafting packages with our New Business team to fundraise for the budget required to execute on the strategy and further subsidize the low cost of books and resources for educators.
• Developing and executing a digital ad strategy as laid out in the annual and quarterly multi-channel marketing and communication strategy. This includes:
o Leading the team through the creative thinking needed to execute a successful ad strategy across multiple digital platforms. Guiding campaign design for custom audiences to increase brand awareness, promote registration, drive resource distribution, and achieve partner objectives.
o Overseeing comprehensive reporting and campaign optimization through daily management to maximize conversion through each channel.
o Guiding the team through creating custom landing pages, prospect nurturing experiences, and marketing assets to drive conversion beyond the initial ad click.
• Staying current on user experience and e-commerce trends and championing new tactics to help the organization maximize their online reach to drive conversion.
• Managing the internal cost and external costs of resources needed to continue to meet the organizational goals.
• Leading the team in monitoring and enhancing the user experience of our e-commerce platform. Gathering data to create business cases for any internal or external funding needed to execute on desired enhancements.
• Championing and socializing the team’s successful approaches and strategic needs – both within the organization and to external partners.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience required in the Digital Marketing space.
• Must have experience leading a small digital marketing team and proven track record of driving e-commerce conversion and performance.
• Must be knowledgeable and up to date on e-mail marketing best practices and maximizing marketing efforts in this space.
• Experience with Facebook and Google ad placement and Google Analytics required.
• Experience with affiliate marketing programs/tools and Kissmetics a plus.
• Must have a firm grasp on user experience best practices in the digital space.
• eCommerce Marketing and copywriting experience required.
• Knowledge of IT processes required to help support in such cases as implementing new marketing or reporting tools.
• Experience with Salesforce and Pardot or similar email marketing experience a huge plus.
• Adobe Photoshop or other graphic design experience is a plus.
• Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, proven track record for showing initiative, and a solutions-oriented approach to opportunities and challenges.
• Must be a proven leader committed to the growth of a team.
• Must possess a private sector head and a public-sector heart. Ability to leverage private sector experience in public sector preferred.
• Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Must be willing to travel several times a year.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying, please contact Ashley Jones at 202-499-5935.
Would you like to apply to this job?