|Operations Coordinator (Inventory/Retail)|
|About the Position: Are you a high-energy individual who enjoys problem-solving, working with numbers and teamwork? First Book eCommerce Operations is looking to add you to their team! eCommerce Operations is integral to First Book’s mission and oversees the movement of millions of books and nonbook resources to teachers and programs serving kids in need. Our mission is amazing and impactful, and the people who make it happen are dedicated, creative, smart, and passionate. It takes teamwork, critical thinking, and agility to keep the wheels in motion and ensure that resources are getting to the kids who need them most. For an enterprise as large as ours, we need a capable Operations team responsible for the movement of both incoming and outgoing inventory, ensuring the greatest and best use of our time through streamlined operations and efficiencies so that our members have an excellent, consistent experience focused on their needs and expectations.
Candidates of interest will have some proven operations experience and will be able to demonstrate a keen sense for operational improvements, a strong interest in eCommerce webstore management, and an understanding of data-driven solutions. This role will have responsibility for execution of day-to-day functions of the eCommerce Operations team, as well as ongoing and varied initiatives that maintain and improve the health of the webstore. As an eCommerce Operations team member, you will need to demonstrate the skills needed to deliver educated, thoughtful ideas for ongoing process improvements that will yield increased revenue and a delightful member experience. This role will work most closely with colleagues on the eCommerce Operations team and will report to the Director of eCommerce Operations. This role will also work collaboratively with other internal teams as well as external vendors and third-party fulfillment warehouses to ensure that the needs of our membership are translating back to daily operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Execute all aspects of the Operation team’s regular workflow, including:
o Daily creation and transmission of order data to warehouse fulfillment partners or drop-ship supplier partners.• Maintain knowledge of order placement processes, inventory management processes and shipping and fulfillment processes for all partner warehouses.
o Order status and order workflow management based on Standard Operating Procedures.
o Resolve customer service inquiries related to orders and fulfillment.
o Daily inventory adjustments based on stock adjustment reports (receiving, reduction, out of stocks) provided by warehouse fulfillment partners.
o Support merchandising by adding new product shells to Magento for use on POs.
• Assess, manage, and mitigate risks by ensuring First Book works with reliable warehouse fulfillment partners and drop-ship supplier partners.
o Assist in research, proposals, and onboarding of new warehouse fulfillment partners that will increase order processing efficiency while maintaining a high level of customer service.• Coordinate detailed logistics (shipping, warehousing, storage, and inventory management) with inventory-supplier partners, warehouse fulfillment partners, drop-ship supplier partners, shipping/freight companies, and members nationwide.
• Assess, manage, and mitigate risks by reporting on and analyzing order data as part of large data projects managed through Microsoft Excel, including tracking receipt of books received by First Book (either through donation or purchase), tracking shipment of books distributed, tracking inventory turn rates, and additional data points over time, as needed by eCommerce leadership.
• Strategize, develop, and execute improvements to various products’ order fulfillment processes to reduce expense, and increase accuracy and efficiency.
• Track and report key functional metrics to Director to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Work closely with the First Book Information Technology team on the continuous improvement and maintenance of operational systems.
• Work with the Director to determine performance indicators and lay out yearly planning to achieve them.
• Write and update First Book’s SOPs related to eCommerce Operation’s processes.
• Assist the Procurement Coordinator as needed in issuing Purchase Orders to supplier partners and entering those POs in the Magento Inventory Management system.
Qualifications: A successful Operations Coordinator must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Operational, inventory and order management systems experience.
• Experience with manipulating, calculating and analyzing complicated data.
• Exceptionally detail oriented.
• High-energy and not easily discouraged by conundrums.
• Methodical and systematic in organizational approach and execution.
• A quick, intuitive learner.
• Proficient with a computer, including the Microsoft Office suite. Almost all the eCommerce Operations Coordinator’s work will be performed on a computer and therefore strong computer skills are a requirement.
• Data management acumen including Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, and other tools.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent organization and time management skills, be self-motivated and excited to take on new projects and responsibilities.
• Be inhumanly flexible, astoundingly self-driven, and exceptionally creative.
• Able to efficiently work independently, but agile enough to engage when the team needs you.
• Communication skills that are adaptive to your audience, both verbally and written, and have a reputation for superlative interpersonal skills, including juggling multiple balls while humming a tune.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in something fun is required (demonstrates your stick-to-itiveness).
• Some form of operations experience, (be creative in your cover letter!), a love of data mining, and a joy for understanding data to drive decision-making.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying please reach out to Ashley Jones, 202-499-5935.
Would you like to apply to this job?