|Member Services Coordinator|
|About the position:
Our Member Services Team of twelve has the greatest job (not to be mistaken for easy!) Monday through Friday, we focus on our members to ensure they are getting the most from our resources and are having the best possible experience with First Book. We answer calls and emails, answer their questions and often have life-altering conversations about the ways they are helping low-income kids survive and thrive! As a Member Services Coordinator, we provide superior customer service, prompt problem-solving, and a delightful experience. Our team knows the inner workings of First Book in order to deliver the best possible experience for every member that calls with questions.
Over the last two years, we’ve installed state-of-the art systems to aid our work, and while the majority of our time is spent talking to members, we also branch out to support other internal First Book teams on various projects and initiatives that further our mission. If you have a mission heart and a clever mind, enjoy working with a team and learning new things every day, First Book may just be the place for you! Now to the details of what’s involved:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
If you want to hit it out of the park, you really need to be able to perform these essential duties (not expected on day #1, however):
• Receive, research, and resolve inquiries from members while acting as their liaison to First Book
• Contact members and notify them of opportunities they qualify for and/or to assist them in completing grant and promotional requirements as needed
• Maintain frequent communication with Members via telephone and email
• Educate new and existing Members about the First Book mission and model
• Communicate benefits and promotions to Members
• Update, track, and record information in databases and contact management systems relating to orders, invoices, inquiries and other pieces of information
• Manage the tracking of books, invoices, payments and other items for specific partner groups
• Prepare, review and maintain targeted and mass communications with Membership network
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• Superpowers in reading, writing, and speaking must be in your DNA.
• You’ve got to believe the mantra “Teamwork makes the Dream Work!”
• Ability to adapt your communication style to your audience.
• Ability to multi-task and navigate through multiple service channels, like phone, email and chat.
• You’re not afraid to take initiative and address issues as they arise (for members AND your team).
• You enjoy talking on the phone, listening to stories and super-sleuthing problems.
• Timeliness is important to you. It’s really important to us.
• You employ advanced listening and response skills.
• Your nerdy enough to know the ins and outs of Microsoft office and other various and sundry technology including three-hole punches and fax machines.
• Data analysis and interpretation skills are a plus!
• Ability to speak Spanish preferred, but not required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with volunteers and/or community-service groups encouraged
Candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying please reach out to Ashley Jones, 202-499-5935.
Would you like to apply to this job?