|Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships|
|About the position:
First Book currently seeks a Coordinator of Corporate Partnerships on its Strategic Alliances team. The Coordinator will help implement and support First Book’s award-winning, cause-based marketing and corporate social responsibility (CSR) campaigns. These campaigns involve partnerships with industry leaders including KPMG, Citi, Pizza Hut, and Disney. Successful candidates will demonstrate a track record in project management, business writing, event planning, creative thinking and a passion for corporate social responsibility.
The Coordinator will provide partnership management support, event planning and execution, corporate communications and budgeting in addition to assisting in the development of partnership proposals in a dynamic, fast-paced organization led by an internationally recognized social entrepreneur. In their role, the Coordinator will develop expertise in cause-based marketing and public-private sector partnerships that help partners reach their marketing and social impact goals while furthering First Book’s mission. Coordinator will work with the Strategic Alliances Team and report directly to the Vice President of Strategic Alliances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support relationship management and project management for existing corporate partners
• Plan and execute events for corporate partners, in close collaboration with First Book members
• Support development and implementation of cause marketing and CSR initiatives
• Further communications efforts to highlight cause marketing campaigns
• Support the development of business proposals, presentations, and partnership reports
• Contribute to team brainstorm sessions and team meetings
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the organization to meet partnership goals
• Support needs of the broader Strategic Alliances department including but not limited to: scheduling, meeting management, gift acknowledgment, pipeline reporting, and partner/prospect research
• Travel, as needed, up to 40% in peak partnership activation periods
• Various administrative duties and other tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
An entrepreneurial spirit, this is core to First Book’s DNA. Must be a tenacious self-starter.
• A passion for First Book’s mission and vision for the future.
• Strong employee and team management skills. Must work well with cross-functional teams and be able to multitask with ease.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
• A sense of humor. This one is required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Possess a minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience
• BA/BS; Coursework in business, marketing, and social enterprise preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with a donor database(s), CRM system (Salesforce), as well as professional experience with social media preferred
Candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying please reach out to Ashley Jones, 202-499-5935.
Would you like to apply to this job?